It’s still cold but the rain is definitely gone. Today was our day to see all the historic sites here in downtown Philadelphia. So how did we start our day?
This is the best coffee ever. Way better than Starbucks, in our humble opinion. The perfect way to start a day of walking.
After the Dodger’s horrible loss last night (due to my red sweater) our first mission was to find a blue sweater to wear for luck. Right after Dunkin Donuts we walked past a Burlington Coat Factory so we stopped in. When we left I was proudly wearing my new “Dodger Blue” sweater.
I don’t know it the Dodger will win, but at least it won’t be my fault.
So now on for the day.
First stop -
There was no explanation for this but we are in the city of brotherly love so I guess that’s what this is about.
Our first official stop was the National Constitution Center. It was interesting and informative and they actually charge. After the Smithsonian being free we were surprised that it cost us to get in. They also had a special traveling “Diana” exhibit but we decided to pass on that one.
These were all life sized bronze statues.
On our walk over to see the Liberty Bell, I finally got to see a little changing of the colors. I’m thinking tomorrow we’ll see a lot more.
Back to the tour….
Here it is the actual Liberty Bell. It was actually moving to see it so close up. Man is that a big crack or what?
Lunch time! We had a hot dog from this street vendor. There are all different kinds of vendors. Just to the right was one that had every kind of Chinese food imaginable. But we went for the all-American hot dog and it was good and cheap at the same time.
On to Independence Hall where all the good stuff happened.
After we left Independence Hall we head over to were Benjamin Franklin house was but there really wasn’t much to see. There was a viewing area where you could look down in a hole and see some of the remaining house foundation. It wasn’t even worth a picture.
We’re sitting in our room (the tiniest room ever) watching the Angel game. They’re losing 2 – 0, I wonder if I should put my red sweater on?
Later -
We’re back from dinner and the Angels finally won. Now we’ll switch to the Dodgers.
Tomorrow we head to Amish Country.
Love to all,
John and Robin
I love all the pictures. Just beautiful. Just watch, because you bought the Blue Sweater, the Dodgers will win this next game, I'm sure of it!!!
ReplyDeleteI really appreciate your effort to find that beautiful sweater. Dodgers just have to win tonight. Your blog and all these pictures are so wonderful to see. I feel like I am traveling with you. You will have to teach me how to do this when you get home. Have a great day!!!
ReplyDeleteTo Robin from John.....
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed seeing all your photos.....fantastic! Last night's game sucked the life out of me. With your efforts by wearing Dodger blue in enemy territory gives me new hope that the Dodgers can come back to win three in a row. Continue on with your fabulous trip.
John