I don’t have wireless in our hotel room so I’ll write this now and publish tomorrow when I have internet service.
Today was our last morning in Manhattan before heading to Brooklyn to see John’s family. Unfortunately the day started off with rain but we still ventured out.
The last thing on our wish list for Manhattan was a corned beef sandwich. I plugged in Jewish Deli on my Iphone (love my Iphone) and sure enough we found Ben’s just a block away in the middle of the garment district. We each had a bowl of chicken soup, John had noodles while I went for the rice. Yum, it was very good. Then we split a gynormous corned beef sandwich. I looked up at the ceiling are realized the ceiling was draped in painted fabric (remember we were in the middle of the garment/fabric district). It was wonderful so I took a few pictures.
Then it was time to head to Brooklyn. Here’s a picture of Brooklyn as we approached to Brooklyn Bridge.
And a shot of the Bridge.
Got to see some “Fall Color”. The news says this is the peek but I’m having trouble finding it.
One last look at Manhattan.
We finally make it to Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. Here’s a shot as we approach the corner. The church on the left is St. Anslem where John’s family went to church and attended elementary school.
And here’s a shot as we walk down the block. His house is the third from the corner.
John’s brother Bill and his family still live in the house. It’s been in the family since 1938. Lot’s of memories.
More family pictures tomorrow.
Hugs,
John and Robin
No comments:
Post a Comment