Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 6 – DC to Philly - Sunday

Time to leave our nations capital behind and head to Philadelphia.  It finally stopped raining just as we were ready to leave.

DC10182009 001

Here’s picture of the inside of Union Station in Washington.  The entire inside is beautiful and reminds of of an airport terminal.

DC10182009 002 

It’s hard to see, but the ceiling was gorgeous.

DC10182009 003

I know close to nothing about trains but John tells me this is what our train looks like.

DC10182009 004

Here we are on the train.  For those of you that aren’t on Facebook.  I posted a similar picture yesterday and realize I am sick of this red sweater that I seem to be wearing it in every photograph.  It has been pointed out that I need to go shopping and buy another sweater to wear.  And my friend Terri said that I was wearing Philly “red” not Dodger “blue”, so I take full responsibility for the Dodger’s horrible loss.  I’ll try to find a blue sweater to wear for the next game.  Sorry Dodger fans, it’s all my fault along with the “red” sweater.

DC10182009 007

A statue inside the train station in Philadelphia.

We arrived too early to check in to our hotel so they suggested we walk over to the Redding Terminal  Market. 

DC10182009 009

This place is unbelievable.  It’s right next to the convention center.  There are a gazillion food vendors inside along with a gazillion hungry people.  The have Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Japanese, deli, bakery, coffee, you name it they have it.  John settle on a Philadelphia cheese steak and I had a huge and I mean huge corned beef sandwich.  We also bought a cheese cake to bring back to our room to share.  “Yum”.

Monday we venture out.  We’ll either do the historic city walking tour or head to Amish country.  I’ll let you know tomorrow.

Hugs,

John and Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment