Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 4 – Washington DC

Well this morning we slept in a bit so we got a late start.  After breakfast at the hotel, we headed out to the Smithsonian American History Museum. 

Let me start by telling you that all the Smithsonian Museum are free to the pubic. “Free” being the operative word.  If you live in the good old U.S. of A. we doubt that free is the right term.  We had lunch at the “free” museum.  John had a pulled pork sandwich, potato salad and coffee.  I had a hot dog, water and pumpkin custard.  That’s it, that’s all we had and it was $28.00 so I question whether or not it was free.

However, we had a great time.  Here’s a few pictures from today.

Let’s start with something form home.

DC10162009 009

An original Dumbo from the original Dumbo ride at Disneyland.  I bet i rode in it, way back when.

Next, Julia Child’s kitchen.

DC10162009 004

DC10162009 005

DC10162009 006

DC10162009 007

DC10162009 008

DC10162009 010

How about Dorothy’s Ruby Red Slippers from Wizard of Oz?

DC10162009 011

Mohammed Ali’s boxing gloves.

DC10162009 012

Can’t get more American than “Kermit the Frog”

DC10162009 014

How about Archie Bunker’s chair.

DC10162009 023

I have no idea why this is in the Smithsonian but “hey” it’s my name.

And last but not least for today, I’ll finish where I started with Disney.  Does any one else remember Lonnie?

DC10162009 031

DC10162009 032

We had a great time, tomorrow we’re bound and determined to get to the Air and Space museum. 

See you tomorrow,

John and Robin

2 comments:

  1. Mom, you are doing a great job blogging! I love reading all that you guys are doing. And the pics are wonderful.
    Can't wait for tomorrow... Luv, Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Shelli, you are doing a great job on this Blog...I feel like I'm on vacation with you. I love Julia's kitchen!!!!

    ReplyDelete