Cabo San Lucas
The elevator floor guy was at it again and once again I missed him in action.
We arrived in Cabo right on schedule. The weather was perfect with clear skies and not too hot.
At this port the ship anchors in the harbor and uses tenders to shuttle everyone to shore. Here is a picture of two of the tenders starting to bring passengers aboard for the short trip to the dock.
The line was humongous so we sat around and read our books for a while before heading out.
Here’s a look back at the Mariner of the Sea as we had our turn on the tender.
We didn’t choose any shore excursions, instead we had three things on our list to accomplish while in town.
First – I love Mexican Vanilla so a big bottle was high up on my list.
Second – A new leather, hand tooled, purse. I got one the last time I was here but I wanted one a little larger.
Third and maybe the most important – Lunch
We took a short walk to Cabo Cantina. Great food, great beer and very friendly waiters. Here’s the remains, We order way too much but still manage to put a big dent in it. Although the food on the ship is good, there’s nothing like nachos, cheese enchiladas, tacos and burritos and of course a cold cerveza.
Dinner back on the ship was Italian Night. This is the night that all the wait staff parades around the dinning room, waving napkins over the head and end up on the staircase singing. The picture on the left is the “Captains Table”. I thought the empty seat might be for me but it actually was for the Captain. He arrived late so I didn’t get a picture with him in it.
Another day came to an end. Tomorrow is Mazatlan, but for us it’s a day to laze around the ship. We aren’t planning on going ashore.
Love you all!
John and Robin
Everything looks very lovely and elegant. Looks like you're having a fabulous cruise!
ReplyDelete