Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Day 4–October 6, 2015

 

IMG_6978

The morning started out overcast but the sunrise was beautiful and able to peak through the clouds. .

IMG_6968

After a small breakfast in the cabin I headed off to the spa for a nice relaxing massage, while John relaxed and read his book.  Loved the massage but I ended up covered in oil head to toe sort of like a greased pig.  So before we could go out for lunch I had to shower and get cleaned up again. 

Lunch today was at the buffet and they were featuring Mexican food.  It certainly wasn’t our beloved El Burritos Junior but it was better than nothing.  John had an enchilada that he said was good but It didn’t look so hot to me.  I had a taco which was maybe one step up from Taco Bell but hey, I like Taco Bell.

Today’s drink of the day was a Mai Tai.  So after lunch we wondered from bar to bar in an effort to pick just the right spot for our afternoon cocktail.  Here’s were we ended up.

IMG_6975

Our bartender Marvin photo bombed our drink picture.  The drinks were delicious but we knew we needed to limit ourselves to just one since we had a very nice dinner planned at one of the speciality restaurant.

IMG_6973

For my quilting friends out there, I passed by a nice lady sitting and working on a grandmother’s flower garden quilt.  These are very little hexagons.  She’s making this for her granddaughter’s American Doll. 

IMG_6977

They seem to always be playing a movie out by one of the pools.  I’m not sure what movie they had this afternoon but the screen is huge and the sounds is surprisingly good.  Hopefully we’ll find the time to join in before the cruise is over.  Last Sunday they telecast a couple of football games on the big screen.  I have no idea who was playing but there was a lot of cheering going on.

Tonight we decided to have dinner in one of the specialty restaurants, the Trident Grill.  We had a wonderful dinner but we were a little disappointed in the service.  It was like they just didn’t have enough staff working.  Our waitress was wonderful but she was the server as well as the busboy.  She was continually running, trying to keep up with her tables. 

Today’s food ratings according to John.  1 – ordinary, 10 spectacular

Breakfast – 2 – Nothing fancy.  Robin had cereal in the room, John had an omelet at the buffet.  Nothing special but perfectly acceptable.

Lunch – 3 – Mexican Buffet – Nothing to write home about but at least it resembled Mexican food.  If you like Taco Bell, you’d like this.

Dinner – 8 – This could have been evenhigher.  The food was fabulous but it but the service was lacking.  This is an additional charge restaurant and should have been better. 

Tomorrow we head out with our Delius group for a Santa Barbara wine tasting tour that includes lunch.  Should be a fun day.

Until tomorrow………………………….

Hugs,

Robin and John

No comments:

Post a Comment